Dr. Hans-Ulrich Wagner
will talk about "The appropriation of history in Russian and Ukrainian memes on the Russian war against Ukraine" together with Barbara Christophe (GEI Braunschweig) at the annual conference of the Leibniz Research Alliance "Value of the Past" on Friday, 16 June.
Programme of the conference
Programme as PDF
About the Event
The digital transformation is currently comprehensively changing historical research and the telling of history - with lasting effects on the relationship between communicative and cultural memory, as well as on historical studies and its status in the public sphere. The conference asks what new strategies of evidence, but also crises of factuality, are emerging as a result of changed digital methods, media formats and media uses. The Leibniz Research Network "Value of the Past" is coordinated at the Leibniz Centre for Contemporary History Potsdam (ZZF).
- Leibniz Research Network "Value of the Past"
- Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe - Institute of the Leibniz Association (host institution)
- Association of Historians in Germany
- AG Digital History
- Marburg Centre for Digital Culture and Infrastructure (MCDCI)
- Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C²DH)
- Ľviv Centre for Urban History