Dr. Hans-Ulrich Wagner
will discuss with journalists how public broadcasting should continue after the recently publicised events at RBB and NDR at an event organised by the Kulturforum Hamburg and the Deutscher Journalisten-Verband Nord. The event is open to the public, admission is free!
About the Event
Public broadcasting is under pressure. This is nothing new. Criticism, doubts, even attacks are familiar from the past. This time, however, the events at RBB and NDR, the exploitation of personal privileges, signs of "nepotism" on the management floors, the suspicion of "political filters" and a "climate of fear" have provided ammunition for opponents of the contribution-financed media. Yet in large parts of society it is undisputed that a broadcasting system that preserves its independence against state intervention and the free-market profit motive - at least that is the basic idea! - is a pillar of our democracy. Enough material for discussion!
- Christine Adelhardt, Head of Investigation at NDR
- Lukas Knauer, Member of the Board of DJV Nord, freelancer at NDR Schleswig-Holstein
- Christoph Lütgert, Journalist
- Katja Marx, NDR Programme Director
- Hansjörg Schmidt, MdHB, Member of the NDR Regional Broadcasting Council Hamburg
- Dr. Hans-Ulrich Wagner, Leibniz Institute for Media Research | Hans-Bredow-Institut
Moderated by Florian Zinnecker (DIE ZEIT)