This fall, the HBI will host the annual conference of the DGPuK division of media education.
6 - 7 October 2022, Hamburg
Call for Papers
In the run-up to the conference, we are looking for innovative contributions that address, for example, one of the following issues - preferably using the example of a current project, but with a focus on the methodological or methodological aspects:
- Offer analysis: analysis of dynamic and cross-platform offers
- Usage and impact studies: changing requirements for data collection (e.g. in the context of online surveys);
- Age-appropriate methods and instruments; suitable and proven methods of analysis; methodological approaches to behavioural data
- Long-term studies: requirements and hurdles in implementation
- Media education practice and evaluation research
- Method triangulation: usefulness, benefits, difficulties
- Available and tested scales and instruments
- (Research) ethical questions in the context of studies with minors (e.g. topic of ethical votes, informed consent)
- Participatory research approaches in media research with children and young people
- Research data management, making open data available, secondary use
The conference also wants to provide a forum for topics from the media education division that are not directly related to the conference topic. Therefore, in addition to submissions on the topics listed above, papers are also welcome that deal theoretically and/or empirically with other current issues in the field of media education. In addition to the usual evaluation criteria, these will also be assessed with regard to their degree of innovation.
Submission of Proposed Topics or Abstracts
Submissions for the conference are possible as presentations. Please submit abstracts (max. 2 pages) in electronic form by 30 June 2022
via the conference's online management system for abstracts (see conference website). In addition, please indicate whether it is a contribution to the conference theme or to an open panel. When submitting a paper for the open panel, please indicate whether, in the event of acceptance, the paper can be presented in oral or poster form or exclusively as a poster or presentation.
At least two reviewers will evaluate all submissions in an anonymous review process based on the following criteria:
- Link to the conference topic
- Relevance of the question
- Theoretical foundation
- Appropriateness of the method or procedure
- Clarity of the presentation
Feedback on the acceptance of contributions will be given by 15 August 2022
. The abstracts will be reviewed by the spokespersons of the division and the organisers.
Venue and Date
The conference is scheduled for two days. It will take place from 6 to 7 October 2022 in Hamburg. The event will begin on 5 October 2022 with workshop for doctoral students followed by a get-together and will end in the afternoon of 7 October 2022. More detailed information on the conference venue, recommendations for accommodation, information on how to get there and other organisational details will be announced in good time on the conference website
. Should it not be possible to hold an event on site in October due to the pandemic situation, the conference will take place online. Travel and accommodation costs cannot be covered and must be paid by the participants themselves. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Workshop for Doctoral Students
In the run-up to the conference, the PhD students' workshop of the media education division will take place. Please note the separate Call for Papers
. Submissions are possible until 30 June 2022
Call for Papers as PDF
More information on the conference website
(17 March 2022)